Midwest Business Development Manager
Are you a person who is able to lead, manage and grow a sales territory, and is excited by new challenges? Are you looking to join a team where all ideas are encouraged and where you can have a direct and meaningful impact?
The success of this position is defined by the position’s mission:
The Midwest Business Development Manager will double Municibid’s market share and GMV in the Midwest region within two years by landing new government accounts.
Founded in 2006, Municibid, a four-year running Inc. 5000 company, is a steadily growing company that’s leading the way in helping government agencies and schools across the United States generate more revenue for their budgets by auctioning their surplus goods and property to the public using our easy-to-use online auction marketplace.
Municibid strives to provide our customers with the best experience they’ve ever had working with any company.
We are both a technology and people oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial and fun environment.
The Midwest Business Development Manager position plays a significant role in the growth and success of our company. It is a non-commission, salary plus performance-based sales role. Must be willing and able to travel.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of business to government sales experience. This position requires a proven track record of selling to government officials, procurement, and director level customers at both the state and local levels. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a book of existing customers, introduce existing relationships as prospective customers, as well as foster relationships with new leads.
The ideal candidate is a person who lives in the Midwestern region of the United States, has experience traveling the region, and has an understanding of the business culture and climate of the region.
The primary sales territory includes IN, IL, MI, OH, MN, IA, WI, and MO. The ideal candidate will also assist in growing our business in other territories.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work closely with our Director of Sales to carry out our business development strategy and assist with improving it.
- Make prospect and customer site visits regularly to build, manage, and maintain a healthy sales portfolio and ongoing pipeline.
- Manage ongoing auction sales support which may include onsite visits to inventory, photograph, take videos, write item descriptions and post items for auction.
- Attend, promote, and exhibit Municibid at related trade shows, conferences, and workshops.
- Oversee outbound marketing initiatives (includes digital and traditional marketing).
- Qualify their existing relationships as prospective customers.
- Cultivate new sales opportunities.
- Manage inbound sales inquiries and follow-up with leads.
- Mention the word “apple” when applying for this position.
- Assist in developing and executing sales presentations and webinars.
- Review and assess procurement opportunities and assist in developing proposals in response to RFPs
- Utilize available sales tools and applications for demonstrating Municibid.
- Understanding key decision maker roles in each agency.
- Work with a team on developing marketing collateral and messaging.
- Create and deliver monthly sales reports
- Monthly travel required (up to 60% or more and includes overnight travel).
- Mostly drivable day trips.
- Some conferences & trade shows will require overnight or multiple-night stays.
- Some conferences & trade shows will require air travel.
- Must own a reliable vehicle with at least 35 cubic feet of storage space to accommodate a portable trade show booth, brochures, and promotional items (you are reimbursed for mileage, parking, tolls and related business expenses)
- Must be able to lift and transport 50 - 60 lbs, along with assembling the trade show booth (can be done by one person).
Who you are:
- An energized, self-starter.
- A people person.
- You have the ability to work remotely with autonomy and accountability.
- You have a team-minded mindset but can also work independently.
- You are someone who takes initiative and perseveres.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re both an opener and a closer.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You are able to work with a wide variety of people at different professional levels.
- You have a strong commitment to Municibid’s core values of Practicing Fundamentals, Leading by Example, and Continuous Improvement.
Municibid provides a highly competitive and negotiable compensation plan which includes the following:
- Salary plus performance and milestone bonuses.
- Full Healthcare coverage which includes vision.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- Technology reimbursement: Macbook laptop and iPhone (or reimbursement of existing plan).
- High speed internet reimbursement for full-time remote/work from home team members.
- Enjoy immediate premium status across hotel, air, and transport, using your Municibid corporate account.
- Municibid is a remote-first company. This position requires the candidate to work from home and on the road. The ideal candidate will reside in the Midwestern United States. The primary sales territory includes IN, IL, MI, OH, MN, IA, and MO. The ideal candidate will also assist in growing our business in new territories may include (but not limited to) NE, ND, SD, and KS.
- Municibid is headquartered in Pottstown, PA with a second office in Los Angeles, CA. Travel to corporate and satellite offices may be required for strategic meetings.